Welcome to my law practice for environmentally and socially friendly businesses, organizations, and individuals. I provide counsel throughout California in the following areas:
- Social and environmental enterprises, non-profits, and cooperatives
- Entity choice, formation, and governance – including cooperatives, many different kinds of non-profits, benefit and flexible purpose corporations
- Nonprofit tax exemption
- Contracts and documents including but not limited to: Operating agreements, bylaws, governance documents, collaboration agreements, employment agreements, memos, letters of intent, handbooks, policy documents, purchases, leases, sales, production, marketing, options, deeds, easements, liability waivers, letters, more
- Employment law
- Insurance and risk management
- Food and agriculture: Community gardens, urban agriculture, community supported agriculture, etc.
- Shared housing, cohousing, cooperatives, intentional communities, ecovillages, land trusts, limited equity housing cooperatives
- Collaborative consumption; shared spaces, facilities, utilities, services, resources (e.g. ridesharing, yards, community childcare, grocery coop, tool library, and more)
- Land use, zoning, smart growth, green building
- Title, easements
- Legal compliance based on your specific operation or vision
- Navigating legal gray areas that come up for your creative idea
I may provide legal services in areas not listed above or I can try to refer you to the best attorney to fulfill your legal needs.
In addition to providing in-person service in the Monterey and San Francisco Bay areas, I offer legal services throughout California with the use of phone, video meeting applications, google apps, dropbox, and the like.
Please contact me for an initial free consultation.